Join the Swift Team
Are you hard-working, eager to learn and passionate about connectivity? We want to hear from you!
Employer: Swift Internet Inc.
Job title: Telecommunications Technicians
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Job location: Creston, BC
Start date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 1
NOC group: 7246
NOC job title: Telecommunications Equipment Installer
Team and Role Overview: Swift Internet is a dynamic and growing business in need of two new technicians. Swift’s technicians are involved in day-to-day network maintenance and installing equipment at customers’ homes and businesses. As some of the team’s key ambassadors in the community, the ideal candidates will have strong technical aptitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for our customers.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the industry, but Swift will consider hiring based on a combination of background and other factors. Any successful candidate will demonstrate a good work ethic, ability to learn on the job, attention to detail, customer care, and a capacity for doing challenging physical labour outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
Swift will offer a salary based on qualifications and experience. Compensation will be competitive and will include access to a health, dental, and group life insurance plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Key tasks will include:
- Network equipment installation and maintenance, including: installing equipment at customer premises; running network cables; wiring low-voltage equipment; and, configuring equipment to optimize customer experience
- On-site customer service, including: discussing installation and maintenance plans; troubleshooting service issues; reviewing service agreement documents; and, answering general questions about Swift packages, pricing, and operations
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
All candidates must demonstrate:
- Basic skills for employment, including: punctuality; time management; ability to work with others; ability to work independently; openness to learning new skills; ability to follow directions; and, comfort asking for direction when needed
- Basic literacy skills, including: numeracy and simple math; and, reading, writing, and verbal communication
- Physical fitness, including: ability to work outdoors; ability to work extended hours; and, willingness to work outdoors in poor weather
- Excellent disposition for customer service, including: empathy; friendliness; active listening; positive and clear communication; problem solving; and, sales
- Digital and technical aptitude
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean driving record
Ideal candidates will possess training and/or experience in:
- Wireless network equipment installation/maintenance
- Simple low voltage DC electrical work
- Customer service
About Swift: Swift Internet is an independent wireless Internet service provider based in the beautiful Creston Valley of British Columbia. We are a family owned and operated business with commitments to community service, customer care, and innovation. We pride ourselves on maintaining a positive work environment and a practical, common sense approach to how we get things done. We are a highly automated company and depend on a tech-savvy team of employees. Team work, creativity, and problem-solving are all valued skill sets at Swift.